July 28, 2014, 04:28:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WELCOME BACK MR. WOODSON  (Read 627 times)
BC
HOF Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2013, 12:31:33 PM »

Meanwhile, they're rather quiet on the subject here in Colorado.   dielaffin dielaffin dielaffin

Welcome Home, Mr. Woodson!!!

805raiderslo
Global Moderator
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2013, 12:49:07 PM »

Meanwhile, they're rather quiet on the subject here in Colorado.   dielaffin dielaffin dielaffin

No deal for Denver. Charles Woodson signs with Oakland a week after visiting the Broncos.

Well, no one said Champ Bailey was a prognosticator.

Hours after the cornerback told Denver radio there was "no freaking way" free agent safety Charles Woodson would sign with the Oakland Raiders over the Denver Broncos, Woodson did exactly that.

Woodson reportedly signed a one-year deal worth well over the veteran minimum. The incentive-laden, $4.3 million deal comes with a $1.8 million base salary that includes a $700,000 signing bonus, ESPN reports.

The Broncos reportedly offered Woodson a one-year deal with $3.7 million in reachable incentives. The offer was open, even as Woodson scheduled his visit to Oakland today.

Woodson would have been a perfect fit as a strong safety in pass coverage for the Broncos, a potential solution to the Broncos' annual problem defending the league's elite tight ends. Signing Woodson would have added another veteran leader to Denver's secondary. It would have added a playmaker.

Instead, Woodson's decision reunites him with the team and city that drafted him, where he's enormously popular to this day. In fact, a few hundred insane asylum escapees Raiders fans even gathered outside Oakland headquarters to greet Woodson during his visit, a movement organized in part by SB Nation sister site Silver and Black Pride.

Beside money and fan adoration, business may have played a factor in Woodson's decision. Signing with Oakland brings him closer to his winery in Napa Valley.

But let's be honest - it brings him farther from his next Super Bowl ring. And a player who makes that kind of decision -- one about the money, and where his agent reportedly doesn't inform the Broncos that his client will be playing elsewhere -- doesn't belong on the Denver Broncos anyway.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/5/21/4354112/charles-woodson-chooses-oakland-signs-one-year-deal-with-raiders

805raiderslo
Global Moderator
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2013, 12:52:54 PM »

Meanwhile, they're rather quiet on the subject here in Colorado.   dielaffin dielaffin dielaffin

No deal for Denver. Charles Woodson signs with Oakland a week after visiting the Broncos.

Well, no one said Champ Bailey was a prognosticator.

Hours after the cornerback told Denver radio there was "no freaking way" free agent safety Charles Woodson would sign with the Oakland Raiders over the Denver Broncos, Woodson did exactly that.

Woodson reportedly signed a one-year deal worth well over the veteran minimum. The incentive-laden, $4.3 million deal comes with a $1.8 million base salary that includes a $700,000 signing bonus, ESPN reports.

The Broncos reportedly offered Woodson a one-year deal with $3.7 million in reachable incentives. The offer was open, even as Woodson scheduled his visit to Oakland today.

Woodson would have been a perfect fit as a strong safety in pass coverage for the Broncos, a potential solution to the Broncos' annual problem defending the league's elite tight ends. Signing Woodson would have added another veteran leader to Denver's secondary. It would have added a playmaker.

Instead, Woodson's decision reunites him with the team and city that drafted him, where he's enormously popular to this day. In fact, a few hundred insane asylum escapees Raiders fans even gathered outside Oakland headquarters to greet Woodson during his visit, a movement organized in part by SB Nation sister site Silver and Black Pride.

Beside money and fan adoration, business may have played a factor in Woodson's decision. Signing with Oakland brings him closer to his winery in Napa Valley.

But let's be honest - it brings him farther from his next Super Bowl ring. And a player who makes that kind of decision -- one about the money, and where his agent reportedly doesn't inform the Broncos that his client will be playing elsewhere -- doesn't belong on the Denver Broncos anyway.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/5/21/4354112/charles-woodson-chooses-oakland-signs-one-year-deal-with-raiders

LOL....WAH WAH WAH  donkssuck ass dielaffin dielaffin tongue2

TheMadStork
Franchise Member

How much sleep do ya need to play 3 hours of ball?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2013, 01:53:11 PM »

My friend who is a Packer fan said they did better every time he was off the field thats why they didnt resign him.

There's a new sheriff in town and his name is McKenzie Smiley
805raiderslo
Global Moderator
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2013, 02:11:07 PM »

My friend who is a Packer fan said they did better every time he was off the field thats why they didnt resign him.
He still had 2yrs left on his deal.. They released him because of cap issues.. Does your friend actually watch football??

TheMadStork
Franchise Member

How much sleep do ya need to play 3 hours of ball?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2013, 02:45:03 PM »

Hes a Packer fan like we are Raider fans.  Maybe just bitter?  laugh

There's a new sheriff in town and his name is McKenzie Smiley
TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

RAIDER TILL DEATH

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2013, 02:47:20 PM »

Video: 'Mike & Mike' on Woodson's decision

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/58644/mike-mike-on-charles-woodsons-decision

805raiderslo
Global Moderator
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2013, 03:04:39 PM »

http://youtu.be/--X0K_hoCxs

nutmg1
Franchise Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2013, 03:07:22 PM »

Hes a Packer fan like we are Raider fans.  Maybe just bitter?  laugh

I think he signed here because he knew he would be a starter.  The Broncos are already committed to their young safety's.  I think CWood want's to play more than just collect another ring.

Now I just hope his 36 year old body can still play.  Either way a much needed boost to the fans.

Raidersmojo
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2013, 04:55:39 PM »

Allen: Woodson Brings a Swagger

Got a few minutes with Raiders coach Dennis Allen Wednesday to get his reaction on the signing of Charles Woodson. Here’s a transcription:

Q: What does Charles Woodson bring to your team at this stage of his career?

Allen: I mean, I think there’s a lot of things. But when you really look at it and you get a chance to add a veteran presence in the defensive secondary, I think that’s something that was very exciting for us, very intriguing for us. But I think when you really look at it, here’s a guy that’s got 55 career interceptions. He’s run 11 of them back for touchdowns. The guy takes the ball away, and when he does, he scores points. So I think this is a guy that can come in and get the ball back for our offense and set us up in good position with a chance to score some points.

Q: His ball-stripping and all-around skills were evident during his first go-round with the Raiders, but he seemed to take things to another level in Green Bay in terms of being a leader. How appealing was that?

Allen: It was real appealing. Obviously, you’ve got the player, and you see the talent and the player, but when you combine that with the maturation process that he’s gone through, he’s a real pro. It was exciting for us because it was evident in visiting with him that he wanted to be a Raider. He wanted to be part of what we’re doing here, and bringing a guy in that wants to be here, and he has those attributes, leadership abilities. I thought it was a good fit.

Q: He’s one of the more charismatic guys I’ve covered in terms of giving off a vibe, did you feel that yesterday when he walked in the building?

Allen: Oh, absolutely. He’s a grown man. He has his ideals and his thought process and he’s not afraid to express his opinion and we sat down and had a great conversation together and I’m looking forward to getting a guy in here like that can bring that added dimension to the team.

Q: How comfortable are you with his health and the twice-broken collarbone? That all went past your doctors?

Allen: Yeah, we didn’t have any issue with hit. That was one of the things we wanted ot make sure of when we brought Charles in here. We wanted to make sure everything was fine and he was healthy, and from a medical standpoint we didn’t have any issue with it.

Q: I assume it’s going to be a little more quiet driving out of work today . . .

Allen: (laughs). I would imagine. I’ll tell you what, it was a great scene. That really says a lot about Raider Nation and the type of fan support that we have here and we’re trying to do everything we can do really get back to those winning ways and give these people that love this team, and love this organization, win lose or draw we wanted to give them something to be excited about and happy about, and I think Charles is a great addition in our movement that way.

Q: Would imagine the same thing goes with the team, a realization among the players that, `Wow, we just got Charles Woodson.’’ . . .

Allen: You want to play this game with a swagger, with a little bit of an air of confidence, not a cockiness but an air of confidence that you know you’re good, you’re going to be good. I think Charles, obviously, him individually, he’s got that swagger, but I think he can bring some of that to our football team _ not just defensively, but the whole team in general.
805raiderslo
Global Moderator
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2013, 06:37:25 PM »

Vic Tafur ?@VicTafur 17m
Woodson wants to be part of a "dominant Raiders defense that flies to the football."
Expand
 Vic Tafur ?@VicTafur 21m
Woodson says is he's a safety, cornerback position here has already been solidified, plans "to be the best player on the field. #Raiders
Expand
 Vic Tafur ?@VicTafur 22m
Woodson says he and Tracy Porter "will definitely have that conversation" about No. 24
Expand   Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More
 Vic Tafur ?@VicTafur 28m
Woodson: "Business side came up short" with #Broncos
Expand
 Vic Tafur ?@VicTafur 29m
History with Reggie McKenzie "played a role." "I am confident ( #Raiders ) are headed in the right direction," Woodson said.
Expand
 Vic Tafur ?@VicTafur 31m
Woodson: "Don't know if I would have made it out of there if I didn't sign."
Expand
 Vic Tafur ?@VicTafur 32m
Charles Woodson: "It was overwhelming (to see fans). If i had ever forgotten love from the (Raiders) fans, I was reminded yesterday."

BC
HOF Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2013, 07:50:50 PM »

TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

RAIDER TILL DEATH

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2013, 09:52:22 PM »

If he was even on the fence..... he got knocked off by the Nation that showed up.

Big props to them.

TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

RAIDER TILL DEATH

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2013, 10:20:49 PM »

Woodson on why he choose to return to the silver and black;

At that point I had to figure out what I wanted to do, and playing football was what I wanted to do so it was going to be somewhere, if it was a team that wasn’t quite there but still is a team that is looking on the up, then I was going to do it. And I feel that the Raiders are a team that are looking on the up.

Woodson also reacted to the mob of Raiders fans that showed up in support of him.

I think I was actually scared of leaving the facility and not having a deal done,” Woodson joked Wednesday, according to Bay Area News Group. “I don’t know if I would have made it out of there. But that was a big deal, and receiving that kind of welcome, it definitely put me in a mindset that it would be a good decision to make it happen.”

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: