July 28, 2014, 12:12:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaguars To Have Wild New Uniforms  (Read 137 times)
TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

RAIDER TILL DEATH

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2013, 05:26:05 PM »

If you thought Nike was done altering NFL jerseys after revamping every team's uniform last year, think again.

About one month ago a photo leaked of what some thought was a new Jacksonville Jaguars uniform. And, according to uniform expert Paul Lukas, the image may indeed be a sneak peek at what Jacksonville will wear next year.

Lukas confirmed that the image was legitimate, and also learned several other interesting tidbits about the Jaguars' new jerseys:

The Jaguars' new uniforms will have a military theme. Among other things, that means that the players' last names will appear on the front of the jersey.

The Jaguar logo will be "somewhat larger than normal" for an NFL helmet. It could be similar to Boise State's Pro Combat helmet.

Lukas, for one, isn't a fan of the changes:

"if it is accurate," he writes, "it certainly sounds like a total freaking nightmare on nearly every conceivable level."
\

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/style-points/201304/jacksonville-jaguars-have-wild-new-uniforms
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 05:29:27 PM by TIBERIUS » Logged

TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

RAIDER TILL DEATH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 05:30:02 PM »

I doubt the name plate in the front gets by the NFL office.

Automatic
Franchise Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 01:41:44 PM »

I don't understand an all black uniform for a team that plays in the humid trenches of Florida,

Here are pics of the new uniforms, including their two tone helmet.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-se-jacksonville-jaguars-new-uniforms-20130423,0,4470330.photogallery

Seabass will shatter the longest field goal record this season.
Rifle76
Franchise Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 01:47:19 PM »

The helmets kinda neat but not great, the uniform reminds me too much of the panthers uniforms just with a jags patch on the right shoulder

RVinnyT
Franchise Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 10:25:53 PM »

Digging the helmets. Like how it fades into a different color. I can imagine a raiders helmet that starts out silver then fades to black. would be sweet I think.

Raider Nation Lifer
Tommy8Gun
Veteran Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 06:18:45 PM »

I like the Jags new uniforms. The helmet is an interesting design how it transitions to different colors. My favorite part of the jersey is the JAGS patch on the front. While I am usually a stickler for uniform changes to be minimal, this is one that I do not mind seeing altered. I would bet Nike played a big role in this. Couple that, and the Jags are a "newer" franchise that does not have a deep history, and I can understand the change. It's not like they are a team like the Raiders, Chiefs, Vikings, Steelers, Cowboys, etc. who have not had much alterations to their uniforms over time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: