August 01, 2014, 09:53:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Potential FA Signings  (Read 3561 times)
TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

RAIDER TILL DEATH

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 24, 2013, 11:59:55 PM »

terence newmanVerified account
?@terencenewman
@Rioz08 Oakland is definitely an option.  I like to know I'm wanted for more then one year.

TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

RAIDER TILL DEATH

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 25, 2013, 01:57:04 PM »

Terence Newman is looking to get a deal done.

And the veteran cornerback implies it is his agent that is holding the deal up.
Newman, 34, spent last season with the Cincinnati Bengals after playing for the Dallas Cowboys in the first nine years of his career. He’s reportedly received interest from the Bengals and the Oakland Raiders. But Newman says he doesn’t know where his agent is.

“If anyone sees Ben Dogra of CAA, tell him I'd like him to get my deal finalized so if he could call me it would be appreciated,” Newman wrote on his Twitter account Sunday.
The guess here is he has tracked Dogra down by now. We’ll see if a deal follows soon.

TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

RAIDER TILL DEATH

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 25, 2013, 02:10:31 PM »

AFC West's top 10 free-agent additions

Here is a list, in my opinion, of the top 10 free-agent additions in the AFC West this year:

1. Wes Welker, WR, Denver: He has led the NFL in receptions the past six years, and he's a perfect fit in Denver.

2. Sean Smith, CB, Kansas City: He’s young, big and talented. Good get.

3. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Denver: Almost as good as Smith. He has big ability.

4. Derek Cox, CB, San Diego: Could be a strong impact player. Very good when healthy.

5. Louis Vasquez, OG, Denver: Understated guy. A roadgrader.

6. Terrance Knighton, DT, Denver: Another big man who will help Denver at a need position.

7. Donnie Avery, WR, Kansas City: A field stretcher who will fit Andy Reid’s offense.

8. Pat Sims, DT, Oakland: Scouts love this guy, but he needs to stay healthy.

9. Mike DeVito, DT, Kansas City: An underrated run stuffer. Should be a big help.

10. Dunta Robinson, CB, Kansas City: A fine player rounds out this list. A solid addition.

Honorable mention: Chad Rinehart, G, San Diego; Nick Roach, LB, Oakland; Vance Walker, DT, Oakland; Danny Woodhead, RB, San Diego.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/56550/top-10-free-agent-additions

ElevatorRaidersfanPA
HOF Member

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 25, 2013, 05:04:03 PM »

Saw on Espn that the Raiders are showing interest in Tracy Porter.

"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!
TheMadStork
Franchise Member

How much sleep do ya need to play 3 hours of ball?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: March 25, 2013, 05:10:54 PM »

However, he had a concussion and then a seizure last year.  It doesnt sound good, I feel bad for him.
Perhaps he can overcome it but it sounds scary at the least.  I like him and hope he is a Raider and healthy.

Id say Newman and Jenkins would be good bets to be in Silver and Black on day 1.  That or a rookie  Shocked

While that wouldnt be Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes, it would be a far cry from last year in a good way.

There's a new sheriff in town and his name is McKenzie Smiley
TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

RAIDER TILL DEATH

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 27, 2013, 04:33:09 PM »

The Browns will soon part ways with quarterback Colt McCoy.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that McCoy is expected to be released or traded soon.

The “or traded” part of that seems unlikely. It’s hard to see why any team would be willing to give up even a seventh-round draft pick for McCoy, knowing he’s about to be available for nothing

Bring him in and kick the tires.

Raidersmojo
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 27, 2013, 05:52:26 PM »

The Browns will soon part ways with quarterback Colt McCoy.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that McCoy is expected to be released or traded soon.

The “or traded” part of that seems unlikely. It’s hard to see why any team would be willing to give up even a seventh-round draft pick for McCoy, knowing he’s about to be available for nothing

Bring him in and kick the tires.

That is the first thing I thought when I read that.
TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

RAIDER TILL DEATH

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 27, 2013, 07:28:38 PM »

We are going to need 3 QB's. We have TP and a yet to be released CP. I wouldn't mind a 1 year deal to see if he can grab the starting spot from TP.

What do we possibly have to lose?

TheMadStork
Franchise Member

How much sleep do ya need to play 3 hours of ball?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: March 28, 2013, 02:52:25 PM »

I think we will here from both Terrance Newman and Tracey Porter by Monday's close of business..

We may have 1 or even 2 new CB's potentially Grin

There's a new sheriff in town and his name is McKenzie Smiley
Automatic
Franchise Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 28, 2013, 03:15:58 PM »

Given the history of trades with New England, a late round draft pick in 2014 for Ryan Mallet is where I would go with all this.

Him and Pryor can battle it out, starter gets his year to answer questions, and puts Oakland in a position to draft QB next year.

Seabass will shatter the longest field goal record this season.
ElevatorRaidersfanPA
HOF Member

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 28, 2013, 03:28:04 PM »

I think we will here from both Terrance Newman and Tracey Porter by Monday's close of business..

We may have 1 or even 2 new CB's potentially Grin
i would be ok with that.

ElevatorRaidersfanPA
HOF Member

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 28, 2013, 03:28:37 PM »

Given the history of trades with New England, a late round draft pick in 2014 for Ryan Mallet is where I would go with all this.

Him and Pryor can battle it out, starter gets his year to answer questions, and puts Oakland in a position to draft QB next year.
we never ever win with our New England trades

nutmg1
Franchise Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 28, 2013, 04:22:55 PM »

This would be sweet.  Mallet is a stud QB.  We might not need to draft one if we get him.

Automatic
Franchise Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 28, 2013, 06:07:23 PM »

This would be sweet.  Mallet is a stud QB.  We might not need to draft one if we get him.

Was reading that Cleveland wanted him, but New England came out and said they wouldn't take anything less than a 1st rounder for him.

Mallet has an arm and he's been sitting under Brady for a few years.

Seabass will shatter the longest field goal record this season.
TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

RAIDER TILL DEATH

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 29, 2013, 04:03:17 PM »

Wouldn't mind seeing him in our gear.

Dolphins beat writer Ben Volin believes there's a good chance WR Davone Bess is cut this offseason.  Miami's WR depth chart is suddenly crowded after the additions of Mike Wallace and Brandon Gibson.  Bess is entering the final year of his contract, and releasing him would save the Fins $2.7 million against the cap.  Volin believes Miami could try to trade Bess first.  We've always been higher than most on the slot man's ability.  He's cat-quick, runs tight routes and possesses a sticky set of mitts. Bess' first 5 NFL seasons have produced an average of 64 catches and 689 yards.  Those numbers are right around WR Wes Welker's best season in Miami.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: