December 20, 2014, 08:39:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What The Living Hell!  (Read 316 times)
Dr.Silver
Team Physician
Franchise Member

OOOOH SHINY

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2013, 01:18:08 AM »

Help me Calm Down. Why Do I hear Jack coming out of the Raiders??? I hear Alex Smith going to KC? I am not happy about hearing FUCKING NOTHING! no improvements, no trades, no nothing! am I the only that see's a Shadow creeping over our team?

The one
HOF Member

"The only easy day was yesterday"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 02:22:59 AM »

Help me Calm Down. Why Do I hear Jack coming out of the Raiders??? I hear Alex Smith going to KC? I am not happy about hearing FUCKING NOTHING! no improvements, no trades, no nothing! am I the only that see's a Shadow creeping over our team?
WHOA Nelly! A bit of an over-reaction? The  combine was barely this weekend, we are stil dealing with salary cap issues, and need to sign some of our own players, realax dude...

"The Marines are looking for a few good men, unfortunately you ain't it". Clint Eastwood, Heart break ridge.
ElevatorRaidersfanPA
HOF Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 05:41:21 PM »

WHOA Nelly! A bit of an over-reaction? The  combine was barely this weekend, we are stil dealing with salary cap issues, and need to sign some of our own players, realax dude...
lol who exactly would you trade that anyone would want?  It's going to take time.....

"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!
backwoodsraider
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 04:52:01 PM »

I agree that it used to be more exciting when Al was still around because we would all wait and look every day for the next "WTF" signing or draft pick give away we would come up with........I look forward to when we can just be a solid team that builds properly and has "boring" and "quiet" off seasons. Raider fans will have DT`s and be jonesing for heads to roll. Relax knowing that if things are quiet and boring, at least we aren`t doing idiotic crap like resigning has beens or kickers to $20 billion a year contracts....sometimes exciting doesnt equal good
nutmg1
Franchise Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 05:13:26 PM »

Didn't you get the memo. Reggie needs time.  LOL

What a joke.

I'm with you. 
805raiderslo
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 03:02:09 AM »

You forgot to use the word "patience" Grin Grin Grin
gza77
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 10:00:26 AM »

What a joke.

I'm with you. 

congrats to both of you for understanding less about turning a franchise around than i thought would be humanly possible.
nutmg1
Franchise Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 10:26:12 AM »

What a joke.

I'm with you. 

congrats to both of you for understanding less about turning a franchise around than i thought would be humanly possible.

Any sign of turning it around would be nice.  I'm not expecting Super Bowl just a sign of competence.

gza77
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 10:32:19 AM »

What a joke.

I'm with you. 

Any sign of turning it around would be nice.  I'm not expecting Super Bowl just a sign of competence.

one year isn't long enough to recover from a decade (and that's conservative) of total incompetence.
Holy Toledo!!!
All Star Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 11:43:12 AM »

......just a sign of competence.

ROSTER: In previous years, the Raiders would look like shit, with a roster full of underperformers and/or scrubs with bloated, salary cap killing contracts.  Last year's roster had a few of those along with rookies and street free agents.  A few more of those bloated contracts will be purged again this year allowing the Raiders more flexibilty in signing quality football players while not signing and overpaying aging "superstars" and "speedsters". Next year will probably be this first in recent memory that they have a full complement of draft picks. A sign of competence

COACHING:  Offensive philosophy and play calling were abhorrent last year.  A few coaches got the ax. Not quite sold on Olsen yet, but Sparano was a great hire. A change at special teams was badly needed.  The Raiders were able to maintain most leadership (continuity), while shoring up a coaching staff that was put together hastily last year. A sign of competence.

MANAGEMENT:  If the Holmgren rumors are true, staffing your front office with personnel that has a history of not only winning, but winning Super Bowls, is definitely a sign of competence.
backwoodsraider
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 01:24:41 PM »

......just a sign of competence.

ROSTER: In previous years, the Raiders would look like shit, with a roster full of underperformers and/or scrubs with bloated, salary cap killing contracts.  Last year's roster had a few of those along with rookies and street free agents.  A few more of those bloated contracts will be purged again this year allowing the Raiders more flexibilty in signing quality football players while not signing and overpaying aging "superstars" and "speedsters". Next year will probably be this first in recent memory that they have a full complement of draft picks. A sign of competence

COACHING:  Offensive philosophy and play calling were abhorrent last year.  A few coaches got the ax. Not quite sold on Olsen yet, but Sparano was a great hire. A change at special teams was badly needed.  The Raiders were able to maintain most leadership (continuity), while shoring up a coaching staff that was put together hastily last year. A sign of competence.

MANAGEMENT:  If the Holmgren rumors are true, staffing your front office with personnel that has a history of not only winning, but winning Super Bowls, is definitely a sign of competence.

This wave Perfect
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: