October 31, 2014, 11:50:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jamarcus Russell Contract  (Read 183 times)
Ravensong
All Star Member

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2013, 09:38:46 PM »

Does anyone know if the Raiders had to pay the full amount of the contract to Russell? I know that AL was refusing to pay some of it "for cause". Did the NFL side with Al on that one?
TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

FUCK YOU

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 08:39:19 PM »

From everything I've researched, as of Aug of 2012, JBust was paid his 39 M guaranteed. I am now moving this thread to the NFL section as to not stink up the grid.

FIRE DENNIS ALLEN/ (thank you)/ FIRE REGGIE MCKENZIE/GET NEW OWNERSHIP
TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

FUCK YOU

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 01:09:48 AM »

Don’t Come Back Jamarcus Russell!

As an Oakland Raiders fan, I can say that I truly HATE JaMarcus Russell.  He’s apparently taking his NFL return seriously. I just watched a video where Russell was being mentored in physical and football training by former QB Jeff Garcia.

Let me take you back to my draft day in April of 2007:

My Oakland Raiders went into the draft desperately needing a quarterback.  Russell was the best choice available next to the likes of Brady Quinn….  They had to take Russell.  Andrew Walter and Aaron Brooks took snaps for Oakland in 2006… They had to take Russell!  Here it came, “With the first pick in the 2007 NFL draft, the Oakland Raiders select JaMarcus Russell, Quarterback, LSU.”  I was excited… Until I saw Russell was holding out.  Not only did he hold out through training camp and the preseason, but when he got a deal done during week 2 of the NFL season, he was overweight and not in shape.  He constantly skipped team meetings and was oft seen laughing on the sidelines when he did something bad in the game.  The guy flat out did not care.  He got his money and he ran away with it.

I love the stories where someone is down and out and comes back and rises to the top.  One of my all time favorites was the story of Kurt Warner.  But this case is different.  JaMarcus Russell was given his shot and he blew it.  I never wish bad on anyone but this guy absolutely does not deserve a second chance.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/dont_come_back_jamarcus_russell/13030720

FIRE DENNIS ALLEN/ (thank you)/ FIRE REGGIE MCKENZIE/GET NEW OWNERSHIP
RowdyRaider
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 02:14:51 PM »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1535213-comeback-2013-jamarcus-russells-road-back-to-the-nfl-episode-2
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: