October 25, 2014, 03:39:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CONGRATULATIONS TO EARL!! OUR 2013 RAIDERFORUM FANTASY NASCAR CHAMP!!  (Read 9278 times)
BC
HOF Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: July 15, 2013, 04:57:52 PM »

Week 19 Official Results

BC
HOF Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 15, 2013, 05:01:08 PM »

Draft order will be reverse finish order then serpentine, just like the other times.  Grin

Since we have a couple of weeks to do this, I'll wait a day or few for anyone who would like to join in so that I can put them into the draft order.

Then we draft.

TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

FUCK YOU

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 15, 2013, 10:42:18 PM »

Sorry, Earl.  The rules were specific.

"Here is what your roster will look like:

Your Drafted Driver Number 1
Your Drafted Driver Number 2
Your Drafted Driver Number 3
A Driver Chosen From the Undrafted Drivers List
A Driver Chosen From the Undrafted Drivers List

For a total of 5 drivers on your roster."

No grey area there.  But I've never had problems with rules changes.  Just not after everyone else has submitted their rosters.

The other option would be to make the rules suggestions, not rules.

As for how I handled it, I talked to Tibs privately.

So this is my 1st time here since my last post.

Couple things. 1. We did talk about it B4 the season started and we were putting 2gether the rules. BC obviously forgot about our discussion... probably saused on wine at the time. (how does it feel to put a label on someone now)

2. We never at one time had a rule to carry over rosters......but because some players are too (busy) AKA (lazy)... AKA...Don't care) we put one in.

3rd.....we had to have a rule like that in place for obvious reasons..........and we did use it during the Hamlin injury. Nobody seemed to bitch about it then. Wow.

4th. BC you bitch about having to do soooooooooo much work here. What do you spend.....20 min a week?

Try spending 7 days a week here trying to give members a reason to come here in the 1st place let alone play your game.

This will be my last trip into this thread so have at it........

and BTW BS.......If you don't want to play any fantasy games with me again......why did you sign up for FF?

Bitches gotta bitch I guess.  Wink

FIRE DENNIS ALLEN/ (thank you)/ FIRE REGGIE MCKENZIE/GET NEW OWNERSHIP
Holy Toledo!!!
All Star Member

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 15, 2013, 11:57:20 PM »

and BTW BS.......If you don't want to play any fantasy games with me again......why did you sign up for FF?

FF? Where do I sign?
BC
HOF Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 18, 2013, 09:39:51 PM »

I signed up for the FF leagues here before you did all that stuff I said.  In private. 

Grin

BC
HOF Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 18, 2013, 09:41:10 PM »

FF? Where do I sign?

The FF leagues have been given their own forum!!

http://raiderforum.net/raiderforum/index.php?board=37

BC
HOF Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 18, 2013, 09:43:20 PM »

I'll give anyone new another day to say they want to play in our next set of races.  Then I'll put in the draft order so we can get draftin' !!   Grin

(By this time in other years there were even fewer players still playing.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  No football. )

805raiderslo
Global Moderator
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 18, 2013, 10:35:39 PM »

I'll give anyone new another day to say they want to play in our next set of races.  Then I'll put in the draft order so we can get draftin' !!   Grin

(By this time in other years there were even fewer players still playing.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  No football. )
Even though I started late... I am not going to be in last place for long!!  Grin Grin

BC
HOF Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 19, 2013, 01:34:07 PM »

Most memorable moments of the first half

July 17, 2013, Staff reports, NASCAR.com

Top 10 list as voted on by NASCAR.com editorial staff

Through the first half of the NASCAR season, we’ve seen feuds and fights, history and heartache and, unfortunately, even terrible tragedy.

What does it all mean?

NASCAR.com attempted to make sense of a season that stands out as uniquely different from years past, from a new car, to new rivalries to moments that will be remembered long after 2013 is over.

Below is our list of the most memorable moments through the first half of the season, as voted on by six members of our editorial staff. The list is in descending order, culminating in what we collectively think is the biggest story from the first half.

Agree? Disagree? Leave your comments below.

10. 700th consecutive start for Gordon

The final race of the 1992 season was a farewell to Richard Petty. The King was set to retire, and he soaked up the adulation at Atlanta Motor Speedway from fans and drivers alike. Fans didn’t realize until years later, of course, that the 1992 finale was also a passing of the torch.

Out went Petty, in came a young hotshot named Jeff Gordon. Gordon had secured a ride with Rick Hendrick in the 1992 finale, and he hasn’t left the track since.

A mainstay in the No. 24 Chevrolet, Gordon recorded his 700th consecutive start in May. Fittingly, it came at Darlington Raceway, a track steeped in history. Gordon finished third in that race, and has since run his streak up to 708. With Ricky Rudd’s all-time record of 788 consecutive starts in sight, Gordon shows no signs of slowing down.

9. Jason Leffler killed in sprint car race accident

Over the past few years, drivers couldn’t talk about Jason Leffler without immediately mentioning his son, Charlie Dean. Charlie transformed his dad’s life. The two were inseparable in the garage and at home.

Although Leffler didn’t have a full-time ride in one of  NASCAR’s three national series this year, he couldn’t stay away from the track. Racing was in his blood. Leffler died in a sprint car race accident on June 12 in New Jersey. He was 37.

Among the many thoughts from his friends and former teammates, perhaps former team owner Todd Braun said it best at Leffler’s funeral: “Charlie came along, and I watched the transformation of Jason. Jason the racer became Jason the dad. I’ve never seen a transformation of a person like I saw with Jason Leffler. He cared more about Charlie than anything there was. It was one of the best things I ever saw.”

8. Johnson’s sweep success

Jimmie Johnson is defined by success. Whether it’s 64 wins since 2002, or five consecutive championships from 2006-2010, the No. 48 team is the envy of the garage.

Five-Time is still making new marks, too. Months after winning the season-opening Daytona 500, Johnson won the Coke Zero 400 summer event at the historic 2.5-mile track.

Winning twice in one season at Daytona International Speedway is nearly impossible. The very nature of restrictor-plate racing, not to mention how the track changes over the months, makes it so difficult. In fact, Johnson’s sweep was the first of its kind since Bobby Allison accomplished it in 1982 and is just the fourth such occurrence in NASCAR history.

7. The KB show

Love him or hate him, Kyle Busch is one of the most talented drivers in NASCAR.

And that tends to rub people the wrong way when they see ol’ KB on the entry list for a number of NASCAR Nationwide Series races. Given the fact that Busch is driving the No. 54 for Joe Gibbs Racing, it’s a surprise when Busch isn’t in Victory Lane. He has seven wins and 12 top-fives in 14 starts.

That’s led to some fans clamoring for a maximum number of events Sprint Cup regulars can race at lower levels. As long as that edict is not around, though, Busch will keep racing -- and winning.

6. Penske penalties

We knew something was up at Texas when the Nos. 2 and 22 weren’t immediately on the starting grid with the other 41 drivers. That’s because the Penske Racing Fords, driven by Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano, respectively, failed pre-race inspection for being too low.

Although both drivers eventually took the track and recovered to finish in the top 10, they were penalized 25 driver points and handed heavy suspensions to personnel. The suspensions were later reduced, but the points penalties stood; as a result, both drivers are fighting to make the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.

5. Wrecked opening

The NASCAR Nationwide Series’ debut featured two “Big Ones” in the final three laps of the 120-lap event.

In the second incident, on the final lap, 12 cars were collected in a brutal scene that included the lasting image of Kyle Larson climbing out from his No. 32 Chevrolet that had almost been cut in half. A total of 28 fans were treated for injuries as a result of the accident.

4. Powerful penalty for Kenseth

Matt Kenseth picked up his second win of the year in April at Kansas. He didn’t have time to celebrate. One of the connecting rods on the engine of his No. 20 Toyota came in too light, and the punishment was powerful.

In addition to a $200,000 fine and six-week suspension to crew chief Jason Ratcliff, Kenseth was docked a whopping 50 points. The penalty led the news cycle for more than a week before the appeal hearing was heard -- a procedure in which Kenseth and his team saw most of the penalties reduced significantly.

3. New model, new future

The result of a comprehensive overhaul on the machines NASCAR competitors drive, a car that took more than two years to develop took center stage this year. And the result were rave reviews.

Teams, drivers and owners alike have gushed about the new Generation-6 car, which combines new technology to provide competitive upgrades and a way to re-establish brand identity among auto manufacturers.

As teams continue to explore what these vehicles can do, expect even more changes -- and even better racing -- over the next few years.

2. Wonder woman

Patrick on the pole. Danica at Daytona. Whichever alliterative phrase you prefer, there’s no questioning that this year’s most historic moment came early -- in February, to be precise.

Danica Patrick, entering her first full-time year at the Cup Series level, won the pole for the biggest race of the year. She became the first woman to win a pole for the historic season-opener, and simultaneously answered the question of whether she has the talent to compete at NASCAR’s highest level.

1. Birth of a rivalry

First, Denny Hamlin tapped Joey Logano at Bristol, spinning out the No. 22. Then an angry Logano confronted Hamlin on pit road after the race -- before Hamlin had even gotten out of the car.

Then there were the verbal jabs.

From Logano: “We've got a freaking genius behind the wheel of the 11. Probably the worst teammate I ever had.”

From Hamlin: "He said he was coming for me. I usually don't see him, so it's usually not a factor."

After a week’s worth of words, the feud hit a new level the next week at Fontana. While racing for the win on the last lap, Hamlin and Logano -- running 1-2 -- bumped and banged their way down the stretch, eventually wrecking each other.

Hamlin’s No. 11 Toyota took the brunt of that crash, and the result was a fractured vertebra in Hamlin’s back, which caused him to miss four races and essentially ended his Chase chances.

The former teammates are no longer on speaking terms.

Note: This order was determined by a poll that included staff members Zack Albert, Kristen Boghosian, Pat DeCola, Stu Hothem, Brad Norman and George Winkler.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/daQLZ?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nascar

BC
HOF Member

Raider Forum Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 20, 2013, 01:33:52 PM »

2013Fantasy NASCAR Fourth Draft Order!!!!

Key, in Alphabetical Order

805raiderslo - Blown Tires and Engine Fires!
BC – Barbary Coast Racing
Earl – Big E’s Left Hand Turn
Holy Toledo!!! – Chicken Chokers

Three Round Serpentine Draft

Round One:

Pick 1.1   805
Pick 1.2  BC
Pick 1.3  Toledo  
Pick 1.4  Earl  

Round Two:

Pick 2.1  Earl  
Pick 2.2  Toledo