December 18, 2014, 06:03:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you want to see how the ZBS is supposed to look...  (Read 203 times)
varaider
Franchise Member

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2013, 04:47:36 PM »

Watch this Redskins/Seahawks game...

ElevatorRaidersfanPA
HOF Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 04:49:41 PM »

Fuck yeah man.  If I had to emulate anyone's ZBS it would be washingtons.  
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 05:11:30 PM by ElevatorRaidersfanPA » Logged

"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!
The one
HOF Member

"The only easy day was yesterday"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 05:52:26 PM »

The one thing I have never liked in the zone system is you tend to have more negative yard plays due to the amounts of stretch plays towards the sidelines along with the lateral running waiting for the window to run through opens. They converted to the "zone stretch" system during my sons sophomore season on his varsity squad and it failed miserably. (As high schoolers they were not allowed to cut below the knees per league rules).

Power running tends not have as many negative plays as the zone read because of the straight ahead, hit the hole running style it employs. Plus you add in the fact that DE's and DT are much better athletes with more sideline to sideline speed, they are able to really move laterally to negate some of the plays. I would rather run a power scheme and run downhill and punish the defenders at the point of attack. Remember, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. Thats why Knapp is a horrible play caller. Third and 1's, 3rd and shorts with 2-3 yards to go, instead of powering straight down hill, he would call toss plays in which all the Olinemen and RB would have to run 2-5 yards laterally to gain 1-2 yards and allow the defense to make a play in our backfield. It drives me fucking nuts! Just line up heavy with a fullback behind Veldy, wiz, Reece and run downhill for the love of God.

"The Marines are looking for a few good men, unfortunately you ain't it". Clint Eastwood, Heart break ridge.
ElevatorRaidersfanPA
HOF Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 06:02:12 PM »

The one thing I have never liked in the zone system is you tend to have more negative yard plays due to the amounts of stretch plays towards the sidelines along with the lateral running waiting for the window to run through opens. They converted to the "zone stretch" system during my sons sophomore season on his varsity squad and it failed miserably. (As high schoolers they were not allowed to cut below the knees per league rules).

Power running tends not have as many negative plays as the zone read because of the straight ahead, hit the hole running style it employs. Plus you add in the fact that DE's and DT are much better athletes with more sideline to sideline speed, they are able to really move laterally to negate some of the plays. I would rather run a power scheme and run downhill and punish the defenders at the point of attack. Remember, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. Thats why Knapp is a horrible play caller. Third and 1's, 3rd and shorts with 2-3 yards to go, instead of powering straight down hill, he would call toss plays in which all the Olinemen and RB would have to run 2-5 yards laterally to gain 1-2 yards and allow the defense to make a play in our backfield. It drives me fucking nuts! Just line up heavy with a fullback behind Veldy, wiz, Reece and run downhill for the love of God.
i have no preference schemewise.  There are perks to both.  But what I want is to succeed at whatever scheme we use.  Oh and a competent play caller wouldn't hurt either.

jmasky
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 12:53:44 AM »

I don't think we run the same style Zone Scheme that Shanahan runs. You see a lot more cutting from his offenses. We ran more of a straight Stretch, moving the entire Line of Scrimmage laterally. I don't remember seeing our guys cut on the Line of Scrimmage.
ElevatorRaidersfanPA
HOF Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 12:42:15 PM »

I don't think we run the same style Zone Scheme that Shanahan runs. You see a lot more cutting from his offenses. We ran more of a straight Stretch, moving the entire Line of Scrimmage laterally. I don't remember seeing our guys cut on the Line of Scrimmage.
agreed.  Like I said.   All I care is whichever scheme we use we excel at it.  The shanarats zone works well. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: