April 24, 2014, 02:11:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who would you pick as 2013 Offensive Coordinator?  (Read 2296 times)
TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

RAIDER TILL DEATH

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2013, 01:08:51 PM »

Any feelings one way or another about Marty Mornhinwig ?

ElevatorRaidersfanPA
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2013, 01:27:40 PM »

absolutely not.  He is a Reid disciple.  Wich means you can kiss the running game goodbye.  You might make the playoffs but you will never go anywhere because any serious defense will eat your offense for breakfast.  I might know who to get.  But as far as he goes I know I don't want his ass.

"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!
Raidersmojo
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2013, 03:45:46 PM »

absolutely not.  He is a Reid disciple.  Wich means you can kiss the running game goodbye.  You might make the playoffs but you will never go anywhere because any serious defense will eat your offense for breakfast.  I might know who to get.  But as far as he goes I know I don't want his ass.

This
Dr.Silver
Team Physician
Franchise Member

OOOOH SHINY

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2013, 05:59:55 PM »

Raiders have interviewed Mike Martz for OC.  Mike Martz isn't afraid of a creative offense. Couldn't think of a more polar opposite to Greg Knapp.

TheMadStork
Franchise Member

How much sleep do ya need to play 3 hours of ball?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2013, 06:02:13 PM »

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 10:43:43 AM by TheMadStork » Logged

There's a new sheriff in town and his name is McKenzie Smiley
BoNeSaW
Ontario Canada
Administrator
Franchise Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2013, 06:08:28 PM »

The Raiders interviewed Mike Martz for their offensive coordinator vacancy in an attempt to find an upgrade over the fired Greg Knapp, a person familiar with the situation said.
They also spoke with Juan Castillo about the prospect of taking over for fired offensive line coach Frank Pollack.
To this point, the Raiders have not released any information about their search for replacements for Knapp, Pollack, special teams coordinator Steve Hoffman and linebackers coach Johnny Holland.
All four were fired the day after the Raiders completed a 4-12 season, their 10th straight season without a winning record.
Martz last worked in the league as the Chicago Bears offensive coordinator in 2011. He was fired after a two-year stint. He was the 49ers offensive coordinator in 2008 and served in the same capacity for the Detroit Lions in 2006-07.
Raiders coach Dennis Allen said in his year-end news conference that he isn’t in a hurry to find an offensive coordinator.
“I don’t have a time frame for getting somebody in,” Allen said. “I want to make sure we get the right guy, and however long that takes for us to get the right guy, that’s how long that that takes.”
Allen also said he isn’t averse to working with an offensive coordinator that has experience as a head coach. Martz coached the Rams from 2000-05 and solidified his reputation as a guy that can get the most out of his offense.
“I’ll be comfortable with a guy I feel like gives us the best chance to be successful in all areas,” Allen said.
Under Knapp this season, the Raiders struggled establishing a consistent running attack and scoring points.
Pollack and Knapp came under fire for their implementation of the zone-blocking scheme upon their arrival last offseason.
Castillo was the Eagles offensive line coach for 13 seasons before then-coach Andy Reid promoted him to defensive coordinator before the 2011 season. The move backfired and resulted in the Eagles firing Castillo in October of this season.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2013/01/12/raiders-interview-martz-for-off-coord-vacancy/
TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

RAIDER TILL DEATH

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2013, 06:27:50 PM »

MARTZ..........

thumbsdown

206Raider
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2013, 07:15:21 PM »

MARTZ..........

thumbsdown

Mike Martz would be a terrible hire. Dude doesn't care about the running game, not to mention he gets his QBs killed. Although for those wanting Pryor that might not be a bad idea  Grin

He'll knock you round and upside down and laugh when he's conquered and won.
TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

RAIDER TILL DEATH

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2013, 07:40:58 PM »

MARTZ..........

thumbsdown

Mike Martz would be a terrible hire. Dude doesn't care about the running game, not to mention he gets his QBs killed. Although for those wanting Pryor that might not be a bad idea  Grin

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

No shit. The statue woud be gone by week 4

ElevatorRaidersfanPA
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2013, 08:01:09 PM »

It would be different.....

TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

RAIDER TILL DEATH

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2013, 09:59:08 PM »

Martz has interviewed with the Oakland Raiders for the job of offensive coordinator.

Martz, who last worked in the NFL as an O.C. for Chicago in 2011, was the architect of the Rams' "Greatest Show on Turf" offense at the turn of the century. Martz was the Rams' head coach from 2000 through 2005, Detroit's O.C. from 2006-07 and the 49ers' O.C. in 2008 before working for the Bears in 2010 and 2011.

The Raiders are not commenting on the interview process, only saying it is indeed underway.

In his end-of-season press conference, coach Dennis Allen said he did not have a time frame for hiring an offensive coordinator, let alone the other three open positions on his staff -- offensive line coach, special teams coordinator and linebacker coach.

"I want to make sure we get the right guy," Allen said, "and however long that takes for us to get the right guy, that's how long it takes."

That was, however, before Allen and the Raiders landed a coaching spot in the upcoming Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala. But if Allen does not have an O.C. in place before then, senior offensive assistant Al Saunders or quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo could conceivably call plays in the game.

Allen was also asked at the time if he would be comfortable hiring a former head coach as his new O.C.

"I'll be comfortable with a guy I feel like gives us the best chance to be successful in all areas," Allen said.

The report also said the Raiders have talked with Juan Castillo about replacing Frank Pollack as the O-line coach, though Castillo has also been linked to Kansas City and new coach Andy Reid. Castillo had been Philadelphia's offensive line coach before Reid switched him to defensive coordinator in 2011. The move was ill fitting and Castillo was fired this past October.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/paul-gutierrez/report-raiders-interview-martz-oc-position

Automatic
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2013, 12:12:23 AM »

NO thanx

Knapp to Martz would be the same thing; stubborn idiot who won't tailor game plan to the strengths of his players.

Promote Al Saunders.

Seabass will shatter the longest field goal record this season.
ElevatorRaidersfanPA
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2013, 08:35:32 AM »

Juan Castillo  interviewed for the O-line coach.  I'd be alright with that.  Philly's O-line under him was good.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 09:40:16 AM by ElevatorRaidersfanPA » Logged

az raider
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2013, 09:32:46 AM »

Yeah, could you imagine Papa's play by play under Martz? 

"the Raiders set up in the spread formation on first down....going from left to right on you radio dial..empty backfield for Palmer as he hikes the ball....Palmer goes into his ten step drop....and down he goes for the eighth sack of the first quarter.

Flores...."yeah, this offensive line wasn't built for the quarterback to hold on to the ball for fifteen minutes Greg."

But I digress..... Grin
gza77
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2013, 02:37:30 PM »

martz?  bloody hell, that would be the worst hire possible.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: