August 30, 2014, 08:10:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CHIEFS VS RAIDERS GAME THREAD  (Read 1874 times)
CB
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 09:55:43 AM »

We haven't been getting roughed up by the Dwayne Bowes of the world. We've been getting torched by guys like Short, Decker, and what's his name in Cincy. Guys who struggle against everybody else, have career days against us.

Who's the chef's 4th or 5th WR? He's the guy we have to look out for.

Raider fan in lamb land

TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

FUCK YOU

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 12:47:13 PM »

THIS WEEK’S NOTABLE STORYLINES:
 The Raiders host the Kansas City Chiefs at O.co Coliseum Sunday, marking the Silver and Black’s final home game of the 2012 season.

Oakland will be looking to snap a six-game skid, the longest losing streak for the Raiders since the 2007 season.

On defense, with the release of CB Ron Bartell, the Raiders will be starting their seventh quartet in the defensive secondary.

QB Carson Palmer is recording one of the most prolific passing seasons in Raider history. With three games remaining in the campaign, Palmer already ranks fourth on the Raiders’ single-season list in attempts (533), third in completions (324), fifth in yards (3,805) and 14th in touchdowns (22).

K Sebastian Janikowski has booted 40 career field goal of 50-or-more yards, moving into a tie with

Morten Anderson for third place all-time in field goals of 50-or-more yards.

TE Brandon Myers enters Week 15 with an NFL-leading 33 catches in the fourth quarter.

CB Phillip Adams has recorded interceptions in two straight games, becoming the sixth Raider since 2007 to post picks in consecutive contests.

The Raiders have scored an NFL-leading 79 points at the end of the half, including last week’s 6-yard touchdown reception by RB Darren McFadden near the end of the second quarter.

RAIDERS HOST AFC WEST RIVAL KANSAS CITY: The Raiders host the Kansas City Chiefs Sunday, marking the Silver and Black’s final home game of the 2012 season. Oakland will be looking to snap a six-game skid, while the Chiefs are coming off of a 30-7 defeat at Cleveland last week. The Raiders won the first meeting between the two AFC West rivals this sea­son, posting a 26-16 victory at Arrowhead Stadium on Oct. 28.

THE SERIES: The Raiders and Chiefs have one of the NFL’s most storied rivalries, dating back to the formation of the American Football League (AFL) in 1960. The two teams have met 104 times in the regular season, with the Chiefs holding a 53-49-2 advantage in the series, and three times in the postseason. The series has tilted in the Raiders’ favor as of late, with the Silver and Black owning a 7-3 advantage in the last 10 meetings.

PALMER CLIMBING THE CHARTS: QB Carson Palmer is in the midst of one the most prolific passing seasons in Raider history. With three games remaining in the campaign, Palmer already ranks fourth on the Raiders’ single-season list in attempts (533), third in completions (324), fifth in yards (3,805) and 14th in touchdowns (22).

CONSECUTIVE PICKS: CB Phillip Adams had an interception vs. Den­ver last week, marking his second straight game with a pick. Adams is the first Raider to record interceptions in consecutive games since Matt Gior­dano did so twice last season. Adams is the sixth Raider since 2007 to re­cord picks in consecutive games, and can become the first Raider since LB Thomas Howard to notch interceptions in three or more straight contests.

CARSON AT THE COLISEUM: QB Carson Palmer has produced some outstanding passing performances at O.co Coliseum this season, notch­ing his fourth 300-yard passing game in seven contests with 351 yards vs. Cleveland on Dec. 2. Palmer is averaging 307.7 passing yards per game at the Coliseum this season.

LATE-SCORE LEADERS: RB Darren McFadden had a 6-yard touchdown reception with 1:59 left in the first half vs. Denver on Dec. 6, giving the Raiders an NFL-high 79 points at the end of the half.

STARTING LINEUP ANALYSIS: When the team made a flurry of roster moves prior to opening the regular season, the Raiders knew entering the season they would struggle if they sustained injuries at cornerback or of­fensive tackle. Before the end of the season’s second game, they’d lost both of their starting corners and their starting right tackle for an extended period due to injuries.

On defense, with the release of CB Ron Bartell, the Raiders in their 14th game Sunday will start their seventh quartet in the defensive secondary. Their projected starting four out of training camp played just 2½ series together this year, the first quarter-plus of the season-opener Sept. 10, until Bartell broke his scapula. Spencer then sprained his foot, a season-ending injury, in the third quarter of Game 2 at Miami Sept. 16, forcing the team to ask Michael Huff to make the almost-unprecedented NFL move of safety to cornerback. Oakland’s starting DBs this year:

Shawntae Spencer, Ron Bartell, Tyvon Branch, Michael Huff.
Shawntae Spencer, Pat Lee, Tyvon Branch, Michael Huff.
Pat Lee, Michael Huff, Tyvon Branch, Matt Giordano.
Ron Bartell, Michael Huff, Tyvon Branch, Matt Giordano.
Ron Bartell, Michael Huff, Mike Mitchell, Matt Giordano.
Ron Bartell, Michael Huff, Tyvon Branch, Joselio Hanson.

On the offensive line, the losses of C Stefen Wisniewski (calf), who missed all but one series of the preseason and season-opener, as well as RT Khalif Barnes (groin surgery) in the second quarter of the second game, were critical. Those injuries ultimately kept the Raiders without their projected starting five until Nov. 18, the season’s 10th game.

What’s more, injuries to WR Denarius Moore (hamstring), WR Darrius Heyward-Bey (concussion) and RB Darren McFadden (high-an­kle sprain), also kept the Raiders from fielding their projected starting 11 offensive players until Game 13, Dec. 6 vs. Denver.

Notable connections: Raiders Head Coach Dennis Allen served as an assistant coach for the New Orleans Saints alongside current Kansas City linebackers coach Gary Gibbs (2006-08) and defensive assistant/assistant linebackers coach Adam Zimmer (2006-09)...Allen (2002-05) and offensive coordinator Greg Knapp (2004-06) were on staff with the Atlanta Falcons while Chiefs defensive backs coach Emmitt Thomas served as assistant head coach (2002-09)...Chiefs QB Matt Cassel served as a backup to both Raider QBs Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart at USC...DB Michael Huff played with Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles and LB Derrick Johnson at Texas...RB Darren McFadden shared the same backfield with Chiefs RB Peyton Hillis at Ar­kansas...TE Brandon Myers was college teammates with Chiefs C Bryan Mattison and TE Tony Moeaki at Iowa...LB Miles Burris and Chiefs WR Devon Wylie were teammates at Granite Bay High School...DT Richard Seymour played for the New England Patriots while Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel was defensive coordinator (2001-04)...Chiefs TE Kevin Boss, currently on injured reserve, played for the Raiders in 2011...Special teams coordinator Steve Hoffman was the Chiefs’ special teams coach from 2009-11...Hoffman was defensive quality control coach for the Dal­las Cowboys from 2003-04, sharing the sideline with Chiefs assistant head coach Maurice Carthon, who was the offensive coordinator/run­ning backs coach...Senior offensive assistant Al Saunders spent 15 sea­sons as an assistant coach for the Chiefs, serving as assistant head coach/ wide receivers from 1989-98 and assistant head coach/offensive coordi­nator from 2001-05...Tight ends coach Mark Hutson played at Oklahoma (1985-88) while Chiefs linebackers coach Gary Gibbs was defensive coor­dinator for the Sooners...Director-player engagement Lamonte Winston spent 17 years with the Chiefs organization, including 14 as executive di­rector of player engagement...Football operations staffer Pete Caracciolo’s brother, Tom, is a football operations assistant for the Chiefs.

Last meeting vs. Kansas City: Oak. 26, at KC 16 (Oct. 28, 2012): The Raiders posted their sixth straight win at Arrowhead Stadium behind QB Carson Palmer’s 209 yards passing and two touchdowns.

INDIVIDUAL HIGHLIGHTS vs. KANSAS CITY: T Khalif Barnes post­ed his first career touchdown reception on a 2-yard pass against Kansas City on Nov. 7, 2010...S Tyvon Branch recorded his first career interception at Kansas City on Sept. 14, 2008...DT Desmond Bryant recorded his first career sack against the Chiefs on Nov. 7, 2010...S Matt Giordano recorded his first interception of the season at Kansas City on Oct. 28...Giordano also recorded a pick at Kansas City on Dec. 24, 2011...WR Darrius Hey­ward-Bey recorded his first career reception, an 18-yard grab, at Kansas City on Sept. 20, 2009...Heyward-Bey had a 32-yard touchdown reception at Kansas City on Oct. 28...DE Lamarr Houston posted his first career sack against the Chiefs on Nov. 7, 2010...DB Michael Huff picked off a career-high two passes and matched a career best with four passes defensed at Kansas City on Sept. 20, 2009...P Shane Lechlertied a career high with 11 punts against the Chiefs on Nov. 15, 2009...RB Darren McFadden rushed for 164 yards and a touchdown at Kansas City on Sept. 14, 2008, his second career game...McFadden totaled 114 rushing yards at Kansas City on Oct. 28...WR Denarius Moore hauled in a 61-yard touchdown pass at Kansas City on Dec. 24, 2011...QB Carson Palmer made his Raider debut vs. Kan­sas City on Oct. 23, 2011, just days after joining the Silver and Black via trade...QB Terrelle Pryor made his NFL debut against the Chiefs on Oct. 23, 2011...DT Richard Seymour blocked two field-goal attempts at Kan­sas City on Dec. 24, 2011...LB Philip Wheeler recorded his first sack in a Raider uniform at Kansas City on Oct. 28.

BIRTHDAY WEEK: S Tyvon Branch (Dec. 11), WR Juron Criner (Dec. 12), LB Philip Wheeler (Dec. 12), DT Christo Bilukidi (Dec. 13) and DT Desmond Bryant (Dec. 15) will all celebrate birthdays prior to this week’s game.

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Raiders-vs-Chiefs-Game-Notes/028d34ef-da54-43db-8fcc-1b5adb228b4d

TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

FUCK YOU

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 01:09:58 PM »

The two cellar-dwellers of the AFC West face off Sunday as the Kansas City Chiefs travel out west to face the Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders have lost six straight games and sit at 3-10 on the season, but finally get a favorable matchup against a Chiefs team that has struggled mightily to win games in 2012.

Kansas City sits at 2-11 on the season and is absolutely clueless on offense, which will have to change if they want to win and give themselves a chance to finish out of last place in the division.

Let's dive in and show you everything you need to know for this matchup.

Where: O.co Coliseum, Oakland, Calif.

When: Sunday, Dec. 16, 4:25 p.m. ET

Watch: CBS

Live Stream: NFL.com

Injury Report (via CBS Sports, as of Dec. 12)

Chiefs: Dwayne Bowe (out, rib), Abram Elam (unknown, quadriceps), Kendrick Lewis (unknown, shoulder)

Raiders: Michael Huff (unknown, wrist), Darren McFadden (unknown, ankle), Jack Crawford (unknown, toe), Richard Seymour (unknown, knee/hamstring)

What's at Stake?

It's safe to say that this game will have massive implications on next year's draft. With five combined wins between these teams, they'll both likely be picking in the top five.

With that said, it never feels good to end the season on a low note, even if it means the organization could get a better player next year. That often means little to the current players.

Each of these teams are well aware that they could likely end the season in last place in the AFC West if they lose on Sunday, which will be enough to motivate each player.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1442221-chiefs-vs-raiders-tv-schedule-live-stream-spread-info-game-time-and-more

TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

FUCK YOU

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 06:28:31 PM »

Allen said Richard Seymour “looked well” at practice, and he expects the defensive tackle — who missed five games with a hamstring injury — to play Sunday.

ElevatorRaidersfanPA
HOF Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 07:07:58 PM »

Lol we could start both Adams and Taiwan Jones at corner this week and I still think we'd win

"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!
The one
HOF Member

"The only easy day was yesterday"

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 07:54:15 PM »

Lol we could start both Adams and Taiwan Jones at corner this week and I still think we'd win
Honestly, I really don't WANT to lose, however I would literally get sick to my stomach and vomit if Manti Te'o went to the Chiefs, my God that would be a nightmare. We need Te'o and all the best draft picks we can get. Te'o will anchor a defense for years, and I don't another Junior Seau to play against the next 10 years. Its about time we start getting these type of impact players. Sick and tired of crap draft picks and ho-hum "athletes". Its time RM gets football players!

"The Marines are looking for a few good men, unfortunately you ain't it". Clint Eastwood, Heart break ridge.
ElevatorRaidersfanPA
HOF Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2012, 08:33:54 PM »

Honestly, I really don't WANT to lose, however I would literally get sick to my stomach and vomit if Manti Te'o went to the Chiefs, my God that would be a nightmare. We need Te'o and all the best draft picks we can get. Te'o will anchor a defense for years, and I don't another Junior Seau to play against the next 10 years. Its about time we start getting these type of impact players. Sick and tired of crap draft picks and ho-hum "athletes". Its time RM gets football players!
it would be nice to finally get the lb we thought we drafted McClain.  Fuck you Nick Saban.  Lying motherfucker said the kid was awesome.

"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!
kick em in the head
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 12:27:15 AM »

Teo doesn't seem to be projecting that high.  It seems like he is in the 5-8 range.
206Raider
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 10:27:16 AM »

My fiance just surprised me with a trip to Oaktown this weekend for my b-day yesterday. Even though the records are terrible going to Oakland is always a blast. The one downside is that the Raiders are 0-5 in my lifetime during games I've attended live. So anyone in Vegas this weekend....bet on KC.

He'll knock you round and upside down and laugh when he's conquered and won.
BoNeSaW
Ontario Canada
Administrator
Franchise Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 10:59:59 AM »

My fiance just surprised me with a trip to Oaktown this weekend for my b-day yesterday. Even though the records are terrible going to Oakland is always a blast. The one downside is that the Raiders are 0-5 in my lifetime during games I've attended live. So anyone in Vegas this weekend....bet on KC.

I'''ll be there with ya bro... attending my first Home game..... and I have a losing record as well in live games (not winless like yourself..lol I have managed to see a couple victories) but those all on the road.... so forget your theory cuz they gonna win this one!!!!

Where we goin for a beer???? I'm staying at the Raiders hotel and heading to Ricky's bar Saturday night if you wanna have a few and come along
206Raider
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2012, 01:02:42 PM »

I'''ll be there with ya bro... attending my first Home game..... and I have a losing record as well in live games (not winless like yourself..lol I have managed to see a couple victories) but those all on the road.... so forget your theory cuz they gonna win this one!!!!

Where we goin for a beer???? I'm staying at the Raiders hotel and heading to Ricky's bar Saturday night if you wanna have a few and come along

I think we're doing the SF thing during the day on Saturday and I'm always down for a Ricky's Saturday night. What time are you thinking about heading up there?

He'll knock you round and upside down and laugh when he's conquered and won.
BoNeSaW
Ontario Canada
Administrator
Franchise Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2012, 02:05:13 PM »

We arrive in Oaktown think 1pm or so..... gonna chill then head over to Rickys for some food and beers after 6pm..... can meet you whenever.....where you staying at?  I sent you a pm can send me info there where to meet etc....
TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

FUCK YOU

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2012, 06:12:28 PM »

Raiders receive blackout extension

The deadline for meeting the 85% ticket sales required for the Raiders to air on local television was noon on Thursday. The Raiders have asked and been granted a 24-hour extension to meet the minimum.

This is the third time this season the Raiders have received an extension. It almost certainly means the minimum will be met and the game will air on TV. They will have until noon Friday to meet it officially.

This is the final home game for the Raiders this season. They have met the requirement and been aired locally in all but one game this season. The only game they failed to do it was two weeks ago when the Browns came to Oakland. That game had little draw as it was a non-division opponent with a poor record.

This week the division rival Chiefs come to town so there is expected to be enough interest in the game to have it airing locally.

TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

FUCK YOU

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2012, 06:13:41 PM »

I'm sure I speak for a lot of guys but I wish I could be there witcha.

Last home game.

ROOT EM ON

TIBERIUS
Administrator
HOF Member

FUCK YOU

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2012, 06:37:25 PM »

BRING A TOY TO THE GAME

U.S. Marines will collect your donations at O.co Coliseum at Sunday’s game.  In addition to new, unwrapped toys, monetary donations will be accepted.  Marines will be stationed in Raiderville, as well as the West Side Plaza, near the BART entrance, and Gates A, B, C, and D, before kickoff.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: