September 23, 2014, 08:19:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BRONCOS VS RAIDERS GAME THREAD.  (Read 3781 times)
kick em in the head
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 10:38:39 PM »

Most college teams would crush us....Oregon would destroy us, it wouldn't even be close.

Sorry, any NFL team would crush any college team. Grown men vs boys in college.

But using your logic, do you think the best high school team could beat the worst college team?

College players are Not children ...some are months away from being nfl players. There is a difference from high school to college. My point is that our defense is bad enough that some schools would run right over us...but that's just my opinion.

I find it difficult to believe that a team that has like 8 NFL caliber players can beat a team with 53 nfl caliber players. 
az raider
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 11:19:37 PM »

Again, this is an Opinion. And calling 53 of our players nfl caliber is a mighty stretch, the majority of our roster are practice squad rejects anyway.

if you're looking for sympathy you'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis
kick em in the head
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2012, 12:06:55 AM »

Again, this is an Opinion. And calling 53 of our players nfl caliber is a mighty stretch, the majority of our roster are practice squad rejects anyway.

Only 8 Oregon players project going to the NFL draft/FA in the 2013 draft.  only 1 player is projected to go in the first round and 3 or 4 were projected as 7th round prospects or undrafted free agents.   Could more make it?  I suppose.  Could it be fewer?  I guess it could.  Most of the players on the field for Oregon aren't good enough to be practice squad rejects. 
az raider
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2012, 12:24:29 AM »

This may be a topic for another thead lol, man it's easy to ruffle feathers around here!

if you're looking for sympathy you'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis
kick em in the head
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2012, 06:57:31 AM »

This may be a topic for another thead lol, man it's easy to ruffle feathers around here!

My feathers aren't ruffled.  The difference between college football and the NFL is immense. 
goalax13
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2012, 08:07:47 AM »

How many sacks does Miller have tonight?

+/- 2.5
az raider
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2012, 09:01:59 AM »

My feathers aren't ruffled.  The difference between college football and the NFL is immense.  

Not as immense as you think...at least not anymore.  More schools are running nfl style offenses and defenses. How do you account for all these kids comming out and blowing up the nfl?  It's not luck (no pun intended).  These athletes are more prepared than ever before because of their stellar programs and fantastic coaching. Don't tell me a school like Alabama couldn't give us a hard time...or beat us because they're a bit younger. 6'5" is 6'5" and 4.25 40's are 4.25 40's. Fucking Weeden tore our secondary a new one...the rookie.....fresh out of college.  
Our piss poor secondary never had a chance.

Also, this isn't about age or talent or even if some of these kids will be drafted or not. What it really boils down to is stability, coaching and philosophy.  Scheme, and having the team....the WHOLE team belive in it is more important than anything in sports. These are areas where the Raiders are truly hurting.  

Do I think we would lose to just any team in college? No, but their are maybe two or three that would give us a hard time.

The problem with this argument is one, this isn't the thread for it! Two, this is only my opinion, and three, you can never give shit a rest!....this thread is about the donkeys and Raiders. You are free to have your own opinion...that's why this country is so great! So this is the last i will speak about it here..

Sorry for the thread jack
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 09:04:05 AM by az raider » Logged

ElevatorRaidersfanPA
HOF Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2012, 09:12:07 AM »

The fantasy team I'm playing against this week has Peyton Manning.  Oooohhh boy!  What are the odds he twists his ankle walking onto the field and doesn't play??  Small miracles happen right??

"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!
The one
HOF Member

"The only easy day was yesterday"

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 09:42:48 AM »

The fantasy team I'm playing against this week has Peyton Manning.  Oooohhh boy!  What are the odds he twists his ankle walking onto the field and doesn't play??  Small miracles happen right??

Screw that, I wanna get beat by Manning. Some back up QB we never heard of before would probably come in and torch us and get his 15 minutes of fame. Let me die honorably.

"The Marines are looking for a few good men, unfortunately you ain't it". Clint Eastwood, Heart break ridge.
mbraiders
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2012, 10:44:45 AM »

The fantasy team I'm playing against this week has Peyton Manning.  Oooohhh boy!  What are the odds he twists his ankle walking onto the field and doesn't play??  Small miracles happen right??

Screw that, I wanna get beat by Manning. Some back up QB we never heard of before would probably come in and torch us and get his 15 minutes of fame. Let me die honorably.

We have a knack for that, don't we?
ElevatorRaidersfanPA
HOF Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2012, 11:19:48 AM »

We have a knack for that, don't we?
LOL we do at that.  At this point all I can do is hope for a low scoring loss. 

"Fuck The Tuck Rule"  Still bitter and proud!
CC 2
HOF Member

Win or Lose make them pay the price!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2012, 11:22:47 AM »

Maybe this time i will expect the worse from the Raiders and possibly be pleasantly surprised?  woot
Tarver should look at the ATL vs Manning and line up the D in all sorts of crazy stunts all game.
That's the whole key is it has to be all  game and they can't keep sitting back on 3rd downs in zone.

805raiderslo
Global Moderator
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2012, 02:16:12 PM »

Working half day today.. Figured id start early with cerveza!! Grin. I know iam going to need alot of alcohol to sit through this one!

Raidersmojo
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2012, 04:09:29 PM »

College players are Not children ...some are months away from being nfl players. There is a difference from high school to college. My point is that our defense is bad enough that some schools would run right over us...but that's just my opinion.

Let me break down the highlights:

College players are Not children

And college players also are not fully developed adults, who have conditioned their bodies for X number of years to play the game at the highest level.

some are months away from being nfl players.

Yup, some are. MOST are destined to go onto other careers.

This is while NFL players are already busy by playing in the NFL.

There is a difference from high school to college.

And no difference between college and pros?

Don't players talk about the biggest difference from college to the NFL being "the speed of the game?" Now you want to take a college team and put them up against the biggest, strongest, and fastest at their positions?

My point is that our defense is bad enough that some schools would run right over us

Not quite. Look at the size difference between the players in college and the pros. Its mind boggling.

...but that's just my opinion.

Thats cool. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion. Its just an opinion that can't be taken seriously. I don't mean that with any disrespect. its just ludicrous to think any college team could beat a pro team.

MAYBE if you took the BEST college players from EVERY team and made a "college All-Star team" of guys likely to be drafted against the worst pro team. Even then I think the NFL team would be heavily favored.

I've had the luxury of working out with NFL players and college players before and let me tell you from first hand experience. The difference between pro and college players is impressively steep.
Raidersmojo
Franchise Member

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2012, 04:29:01 PM »

If we are within 20 points tonight I would consider that a win...

I mean 20 by halftime too.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: